The Fourth of July is associated with fireworks, parades, celebration, and picnics. The town I live in, Cromwell CT which is a small town, and other than the neighborhood picnics or barbeques, there is nothing set on the larger scale to celebrate this holiday. Our neighboring town of Middletown CT, has also cut back on activities. They usually have a spectacular firework display, but this year due to cutbacks have eliminated this event. However, does this get me down NO WAY!!. It is the United States of America's Birthday. Our forefathers faught for our freedom, so I am determined to at least compile some of the firework displays being held around the state. With this I would like to share with you now, what I have found out as of today, Friday, July 2nd.
Here is a list of 2010 firework display in and around the state of Connecticut for 2010.
- Farmington, CT - Fireworks are going to be held o July 9th at 9:30pm at Union School, located at 173 School Street in Unionville, CT. If it rains they are NOT canceling.. it is postponed to July 10th, 2010. If you would like more information please call 860.675.2534.
- Hamden, CT - Come to The Town Center Park located at 2761 Dixwell Avenue on July 4th. There is free entertainment of a live band that starts at 7:30pm and the fireworks will start at 9:20pm.
- Hartford, CT - Is holding their fireworks during the Riverfest Celebration on July 10th, 2010 from 4:00 to 10:00 pm. Fireworks will be held at the Connecticut River at 9pm. The rain date is July 11th, 2010.
- Meriden, CT - The Westfield Meriden Mall located at 470 Lewis Avenue will host a fireworks celebration on July 2nd from 6:00 to 10:00pm. You might want to check this out first... at 6:00pm I don't think it is dark enough.
- Middlebury, CT - On July 4th, 2010, Quassy Amusement Park on Route 64 is hosting their fireworks display that start at dust. Being an amusement park, parking is $7 per car. If you would like more information please call 203.758.2913.
- Milford, CT - The Westfield Connecticut Post Mall at 1201 Boston Post Road will host a fireworks celebration from starting at 6:00pm through 10:00 on July 3rd, 2010.
- New Britain, CT - Is holding their fireworks on July 4th, 2010 at the Stanley Quarter Park. This park is located on 2159 Stanley Street. The fireworks will start at 9:15pm. The cost for this is $5.00 per person.
- New Haven, CT - Fireworks start at dusk on July 4th, 2010. at East Rock Park in New Haven. Should it rain, don't fret, they will be held on Monday, July 5th, 2010.
- New London, CT - The Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation are again proud to sponsor their annual Fireworks Extravaganza at the Sailfest on the Thames River. This starts at 9:20 pm on the Thames River. Interested, but need more information? Please call 860.444.1879.
- Portland, CT - I'm glad to see that Portland is still having their fireworks. I suggest that everyone in Cromwell, CT go and enjoy this event since it is a neighboring town. The fireworks will be on July 17, 2010 at 9:15pm on the Portland Fairgrounds, which is on the North end of Main Street. Should it rain the event will be held on July 18th, 2010 instead. You can go see others this weekend, and see them again on the 17th in Portland. This is a win-win.
- Trumbull, CT - Tonight, July 2nd, the fireworks in Trumbull will entertain you and your family. They are being held at the Westfield Trumbull Mall located at 5065 Main Street.
- Wallingford, CT - Hooray!!! The fireworks are still being held this year at Sheehan High School on July 3rd, 2010. For more information or directions please call 203.294.2120.
- Westbrook, CT - Are you going away for the weekend, but still want to see fireworks when you come back to Connecticut? The Water's Edge Resort will hold their fireworks display on July 5th, 2010 starting at dusk. The rain date will be July 6th, 2010.
- West Haven, CT - Bradley Point in West Haven is having their fireworks on July 3rd, 2010. So come by the beach enjoy the breeze and enjoy the spectacular firework display that starts at dusk. The rain date for this event will be July 5th, 2010.
With so much to choose from I hope you are able to take part and enjoy the fireworks some where in the state. Have a safe and Happy 4th of July.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!
FOR ACCURATE INFORMATION ON REAL ESTATE... CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AGENT
Info about the author:
Valerie Osterhoudt is a Cromwell Connecticut Residential Realtor who can assist you with the purchase and/or sale of real estate in the Middlesex County of CT, which includes Cromwell, Rocky Hill, Berlin, Middletown, Wethersfield, Newington, as well as all other surrounding areas. Please visit me at www.CTrealtorMLS.com for all your relocation and/or local needs.
For real estate.. all you need to know, is VALERIEO
If you're thinking about buying a home in Cromwell CT area, there are plenty of great buys in today's market. There is no better time than now to take advantage of these homes while interest rates remain at an all time low. For more information on Cromwell CT real estate's homes and/or condos please visit Johnson Real Estate to access the newest listings.
Valerie Osterhoudt, ABR - Johnson Real Estate, Inc. - 860.883.8889 cell - firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2010 - By Valerie Osterhoudt, ABR - All rights reserved...... ***FOURTH OF JULY IN CROMWELL CT AND THE REST OF THE STATE***
Valerie Osterhoudt, ABR
(Accredited Buyers Representative)
Is a Full Time Realtor® with with Johnson Real Estate, in Cromwell, CT who specializes in Homes and Condos For Sale in the Middlesex and Hartford Counties in CT.
Valerie Osterhoudt, ABR ~Johnson Real Estate, Inc.
email: Valerie Osterhoudt, ABR